Our solicitors regularly represent clients at the Building Appeals Board, Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) and in the courts, whether by instructing counsel or as a solicitor advocate – whichever is appropriate.
Among our building and construction practice, we can assist with the following:
- Showing cause in response to a formal notice served by a municipal surveyor or a relevant building surveyor.
- Appeals against an order served by a municipal surveyor or a relevant building surveyor.
- Disputes with a surveyor, builder, sub-contractor or other persons involved in the construction process.
- Adjudications under the Building Industry Security of Payment regime. We have acted for disputants. Jim Robinson is an adjudicator registered under the Act, and will accept appointments to adjudicate disputes.
- Protection works notices and related disputes, including applications for recovering costs for the assessment and supervision of protection works.
- Compensation for protection works.
- Criminal prosecutions commenced by a council.
- Fencing disputes.
Our experience ranges from representing first time owner-builders to multi-million dollar litigation conducted on behalf of commercial operators.