Our administrative lawyers also advise in relation to the decision of a body or person who is exercising power granted by statute. On the other side, we have also acted for government and statutory authorities, advising on legislation and the interface between public and private enterprise
Examples of administrative decisions that may be challenged under the administrative law principles and mechanisms include:
- Decision of VicRoads or a local council to compulsorily acquire land
- Decision of a council not to release copies of documents under the Freedom of Information Acts
- Decision of the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation not to issue a licence
- Refusal of a municipal building surveyor to issue a building permit
- Refusal of a council to issue a statement of compliance for a plan of subdivision
- Approvals or recommendations in connection with the relocation or establishment of pharmacies under the National Health Act 1953 (Cth).