Town Planning & Land Development, Property Law and Transactions, Dispute Resolution
Joel’s practice at Best Hooper focuses on offering value to landowners and developers at all stages of the property development lifecycle. The core of this practice is facilitating project delivery in Victoria’s new towns and suburbs, being the Greenfields. While this involves both experience in delivery and client-focused resolutions, Joel’s focus is always with a solid understanding of commercial considerations while adopting a quasi-project management role.
Core clients range from high-net worth families with variable development experience, to experienced developers, to publicly listed companies. He also regularly acts for owners’ corporations in relation to management of properties and the treatment of common property. The service provided depends on the client’s requirements including total project management, facilitation on a particular stage or complex strategic advice.
Joel’s principal areas of practice include:
- Compulsory Land Acquisition and Compensation.
- Planning Compensation from Public Reservations (including Loss on Sale Claims).
- Growth Areas Infrastructure Contribution (GAIC).
- Public Infrastructure Works and Projects.
- Water, Sewerage and Gas Infrastructure.
- Precinct Structure Plans and Development Contributions.
- Section 173 Agreements.
- Land Access and Construction Agreements.
- Private Acquisitions of Easements or Removals of Rights of Way.
- Development Project Management and Advice.
- Protection Works.
- Adverse Possession and Boundary Disputes.
- Road and Laneways including Claims or Discontinuations.
- Subdivisions and Owners Corporations.
In addition to his advisory and representative role, Joel is an experienced litigator, and regularly represents clients in a range of jurisdictions including:
- Building Appeals Board (BAB).
- Planning Panels Victoria (PPV).
- Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
- Magistrates’ Court of Victoria.
- County and Supreme Courts of Victoria including Court of Appeal.
Joel has completed his Master of Business Administration (MBA) at Melbourne Business School, which gives him a unique insight into a client’s commercial priorities.
Joel is a member of the Urban Development Institute of Australia, the Property Institute of Australia and the Victorian Planning and Environment Law Association.
articles by Joel Snyder
The Best Hooper Version of “Business as Usual”
Along with the majority of other service providers in Australia, we are guilty of professing…
Get in Touch
Fill in the details to help us answer your query and booking enquiries promptly.