Town Planning & Environment Law
Panos has a bachelor degree in both town planning and law, and joined the firm’s Town planning, Environmental and Local government practice in March 2013 as a lawyer acting for developers, councils and objectors. He has 9 years’ experience as a town planner, having worked as a town planner at the cities of Stonnington and Darebin. He was the Appeals Advocate at the City of Darebin, appearing in many of its major planning cases.
He regularly appears at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT), Planning Panels Victoria and instructs Counsel at the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Panos can be reached via email on email@example.com
Panos’ practice involves:
- Appearing as an advocate at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT), Planning Panels Victoria and Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation with respect to a broad range of matters;
- Appearing at VCAT mediations;
- Providing advice regarding planning matters, including planning scheme amendments, applications for planning permits and restrictive covenants;
- Preparing Section 173 agreements;
- Acting as an instructing lawyer for barristers at VCAT and Supreme Court proceedings;
- Managing and coordinating developer teams, including barristers and expert consultants.
Panos is a member of the Victorian Planning and Environmental Law Association (VPELA), the Urban Development Institute of Australia (Vic) and the Law Institute of Victoria.