Best Hooper Launches New Property Transaction Services Division
Best Hooper’s new Property Transaction Services division launched last month, with a fresh, holistic approach enabling clients to execute the final planning and sales stages for their apartment projects.
The new service, managed by senior associate, Giancarlo Romano, offers clients a broader value beyond Best Hooper’s existing planning programme, designed to manage the often complex and costly cost burdens associated with a project prior to achieving unit sales. Already a proven practice with a strong track record managing every aspect of the property permit and town planning phase, our team includes highly skilled lawyers and conveyancers who now extend the same expertise to finalise property transactions with assurance and confidence.
The team’s capabilities include:
- Preparing master contracts for off the plan developments and subdivisions
- Preparing lot-specific contracts for execution electronically or otherwise
- Handling receipts and investments of deposits
- Managing all contracts through to completion and final settlement
- Attendance and management at settlement of bulk contracts; and
- Leveraging technology to provide a quick turnaround service.
A strong focus of the new division is technology innovation, and the development of a number of digital initiatives to improve efficiency and reduce costs. Wherever possible, the team currently offers e-conveyancing and e-settlements through the digital property network, PEXA (Property Exchange Australia), which facilitates secure online lodgment and financial settlement. The technology allows the team to transact in real time and engage directly with mortgagors to effect settlements electronically, saving time, removing delay, and helping to bring any housing product to market and settlement sooner and at a lower cost.
The team’s technology efficiencies include:
- Online client portal to centralise all contract preparation
- Electronic signing for contracts; and
- Electronic financial settlements.
The benefits include reducing project overheads, bridging the information gap and ultimately helping to streamline some of the operational functions from planning through to development completion. Not only can Best Hooper’s team provide a more competitive rate, but also avoid the need to engage a conveyancer or cost price lawyer.
Best Hooper is now working with leading developers and stakeholders in the property field in Victoria to drive change that will improve efficiencies for better transaction processes and better business.